Compounding is a long-standing pharmacy practice that allows health care practitioners to treat their patients' individual needs with custom medications, without being restricted to commercially available products.
Riverpoint Pharmacy was the first pharmacy in the Inland Northwest to be accredited by the PCAB.
Benefits of Compounded Medications
- We can make the exact strength or combination of medications that the patient needs
- We can omit unwanted fillers, dyes, preservatives, sugar or allergens (such as corn starch or gluten)
- We can use custom flavors for children or pets
- We can make topical dosage forms and liquid suspensions when solid oral medications are difficult to swallow
- We can make topical dosage forms to help minimize side effects (pain medications)
- We can make medications that have been discontinued or are temporarily backordered
- We can make an extended release form of an immediate release medication
- We can make custom injectable medications and eye drops
Riverpoint Pharmacy is proud to offer dermatology compounding services. Our experienced compounding pharmacist carefully creates dermatological medications to treat almost any skin care disease or condition. Our custom medications treat skin conditions ranging from serious diseases to simple cosmetic improvements, and everything in between, including:
- Skin Cancers
- Severe Acne
- Body Rashes Such as Tinea Versicolor
Riverpoint Pharmacy stays on the cutting edge of dermatology and skin care compounding through our unique relationships with dermatologists, aestheticians, cosmetic or plastic surgeons, and other skin care professionals across the nation.
We are able to prepare dermatological compounding medications in various forms, including:
- Topical Gels & Creams
- Ointments & Lotions
- Liquid Solutions
- Occlusive Pastes
- Oral Medications (for certain conditions)
We are constantly increasing the number and types of dermatological medications which we are able to successfully compound. We compound a wide variety of compounded medications, individually tailored with specific medication dosages and strengths to meet each patient's specific needs. Some examples of
Riverpoint Pharmacy's compounded dermatological medications include:
- Triamcinolone with Camphor, Menthol and/or Phenol - For Chronic Pruritus.
- Anti-Infectives (Metronidazole, Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Fluconazole, Amphotericin) -
For any topical infections of the skin, nails, scalp, and/or mucous membranes
- Retinoic Acid - Customized Strengths Ranging from 0.001% to 0.4%.
- Hydroquinone - Strengths up to 10%.
- Hydrocortisone - Concentrations from 0.1% to 20%.
- Anti-Inflammatories - Ketoprofen, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac.
- Bleaching Creams & Combination Bleaching Creams - For bleaching and tightening of the face.
- Acne Creams & Alternate Acne Creams - Cosmetic anti-acne formulas compounded accordingto physician recommendations.
- Anti-Aging Creams - Cosmetic creams which help reduce wrinkles and age spots on the face and body.
- Wart Removal - Lactic and/or Salicylic Acids.
- Anesthetic Creams - Lidocaine, Tetracaine, Benzocaine, Prilocaine.
- Wound Care - Skin Ulcers - Such as Diabetic Foot Ulcers Creams.
- Pain Creams & Custom Compounded Pain - For Conditions such as Diabetic Neuropathy
- Special Mix Solutions For Hair Growth - For Men and Women, aids in reactivating hair follicles.
Regardless of your individual dermatology needs, Riverpoint Pharmacy has the dermatology compounding solution for you. We are a professional compounding pharmacy, experienced in creating customized medical solutions for dermatology conditions. We work closely with our patients and physicians to create dosage forms and strengths which are engineered based on your specific medical needs. Please contact us today to learn more about our skin care and dermatology compounding services!
Riverpoint Pharmacy is proud to provide Sterile Compounding services.
We have a state-of-the-art Clean Room Suite and specially trained and tested personnel.
Our procedures insure that your medication meets the highest quality standards.
- We use the highest quality starting chemicals
- We follow strict gowning procedures
- We follow standardized formulas for consistent products
- We perform in house and independent testing for bacterial contamination of our facilities
- We have random independent lab testing and perform in-house quality checks on sterile and non-sterile products
- We follow strict cleaning procedures to maintain the sterility of our facilities.
1. Please see the Getting Started Form for the list of recommended labs. We recommend having these labs prior to a hormone replacement consultation.
2. Call to make an appointment with one of our pharmacists by calling 509-343-6252. The appointment will need to be set up for a time after we receive the test results. No recommendations for prescriptions will be made without this appointment. Charges for the consultation and billing procedures will be explained at that time. We do make telephone appointments for those who can not get to Spokane.
3. Patients will need to fill out a health history, medication history, and general questionnaire which, to save time, can be printed, mailed out or faxed and completed before the appointment OR patients can come early and fill it out before their appointment.
4. After the pharmacist completes the consultation with the patient, a suggested recommendation for hormone therapy, if appropriate, will be faxed to the practitioner for review.
5. All prescriptions will be run through the patients insurance, and ONLY the co-pay will be charged to the patient. There will be no additional compounding fee added to the co-pay.
6. Patient will be notified when the prescription is ready and the patient may either pick the prescription up at the pharmacy or we will mail the prescription to the patient via U.S.P.S. Please call the Pharmacy for current pricing and other shipping options.
7. Refills may be mailed out to the patient either at their request or after signing up for our automatic refill program.
8. We recommend that patients call back in 3 weeks for follow up to ensure therapy is optimal and all symptoms are being resolved.
9. Patients should be monitored on an annual or bi-annual basis with lab values so that therapy is optimal and physiologic.